Everyone is telling you that you need more and more content in order to grow your business.
But you’re not sure why it’s so important, and how to ensure you are getting the right content in front of your potential clients.
And there is so much content on the web that you wonder if your content is going to matter, and will the right people see it?
Let’s have a look at why B2B content is so important, and how to ensure the right people see it.
The reason B2B content is so important is because that’s how your potential clients are judging you, and more importantly, finding you now.
Here are some significant statistics for you to know.
1. 90% of B2B buyers say when they’re ready to buy, they’ll find you. (Earnest)
2. 94% of B2B buyers report conducting some degree of research online before making a business purchase. (Acquity Group)
3. Content creation is marked as the single most effective search engine optimization (SEO) technique (Marketing Sherpa)
4. Most buyers are 50-60% of the way into the buy cycle before they’ll talk to you (Earnest)
5. 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement (CMI)
6. 81% of B2B CEOs believe that the importance of marketing has increased, and 46% of them say significantly. (Stein IAS)
7. 73 percent of tech buyers surveyed said they consume two to eight assets (articles, videos, eBooks, pdf’s, etc.) before they purchase. (Eccolo Media)
Ensure Your Content is Relevant & Distributed Properly
The other side of the marketing coin is to ensure your content is relevant and distributed to the right platforms for maximum viewing and effect. Here is why that is so important.
1. 66% of B2B marketers with a documented content strategy feel they are effective, vs 11% of B2B marketers who don’t have a content strategy (CMI
2. 78% of CMO’s think custom content is the future of marketing (Ragan)
3. Peer reviews matter. Ensure you have case studies and testimonials That Sell. Customer testimonials are the most effective form of content marketing. (SocialTimes)
4. People gather information from mixed sources. So you need to put your content on a few social media sites. Blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube and Google+ are relevant for B2B buyers.
5. 87% of B2B marketers use social media to distribute content (CMI and Marketing Profs)
6. The average content length for a web page that ranks in the top 10 results for any keyword on Google has at least 2,000 words. The higher up you go on the search listings page, the more content each web page has. (QuickSprout)
7. 83% of B2B marketers invest in social media to increase brand exposure; 69% to increase web traffic; and 65% to gain market insights. (Social Media Today)
And finally, here is a graphical comparison effectiveness of B2B content marketers.
Click on graphic for full size.
In order to develop the best content marketing strategy, I have written a short eBook for you titled, 15 Reasons B2B Content Marketing Fails & How to Fix It and how to correct it.
You can get your free copy here.
P.S. – Be sure to “like” and share this article, using the social media buttons on the left, so your friends and colleagues can see and follow the videos and articles posted here.
- Why B2B marketing is more important than sales, for B2B Lead Generation.
- 15 Reasons B2B Content Marketing Fails #3 – Not making audience relevant content.
- 15 Reasons B2B Content Marketing Fails – #14 Not realizing your entire website is content.
- 15 Reasons B2B Content Marketing Fails – #15 Not centralizing the control of your content