Video can be done in two fashions. It can be done with voice over a PowerPoint presentation, or you can also use full production video. Audio is usually done with a podcast.
By far, the most popular media type is video. Here are some statistics on how executives watch video for business.
• More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos (YouTube).
• 89 million people in the United States are going to watch 1.2 billion online videos today. (ComScore)
• 75% of business executives told Forbes that they watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week. The results breakdown:
50% watch business-related videos on YouTube
65% visit the marketer’s website after viewing a video
The simplest way to do video is with a Powerpoint presentation, and do voice-over. This all explained here. Powerpoint videos are relatively easy to do, once you have the right equipment and software. All you really need are three things.
1. You need to have Powerpoint, which is part of Microsoft Office. You can also get a free version here.
2. You need Camtasia Studio to record your voice over the Powerpoint presentation. Camtasia cost USD $299.
3. You need a microphone. I use a Logitech headset, which costs about $40.
So, for less than $400 you can get all set up and ready to go.
Online video has helped make business grow faster and easier than ever before. Here is a screen shot of my most popular videos.
How powerful is video?
I have been using Powerpoint video for a about three years. And the results I am getting are pretty impressive. Here are my latest Youtube results.
MY LATEST YOUTUBE RESULTS
This is a review of 99 of my videos on Youtube, of which 96 are Powerpoint videos, from January 12 to February 10 2014, shows the following results;
• 99 videos viewed
• 1,424 views
• 5,132 Total minutes watched
• 3.5 average minutes watched per video
I haven’t posted one new video to Youtube in that timeframe. And, I also got 6 new clients last year based on these people watching my Youtube videos, as well as checking out the other content on my site and other Internet platforms.
You may say that these aren’t very impressive statistics compared to viral videos, and you are right. Keep in mind that most viral videos usually of a cat doing back flips, which will sell absolutely nothing.
But imagine if you had over 1,000 views of your videos?
And many of my videos have had 100’s of views. I would say that is pretty good for a B2B marketer. These videos are generating a lot of leads for me, and as shown, they are getting me clients. Powerpoint videos can generate a lot of leads, and clients, for your business too.
You need to be using video, and audio, in your content strategy. Both medias will generate leads for you. But the biggest one is video. And the easiest and least expensive way to produce video is with Powerpoint and Camtasia.
Learn more about how to develop Powerpoint videos here.