Many economic and financial pundits are predicting a recession will occur in the next 12 to 18 months.
Predictions run from mild, to worse than the Great Depression of the 1930’s.
Are you prepared if a recession does come? How will it affect your business?
Another very alarming fact comes from CSO Insights, the venerable B2B sales research firm.
CSO Insights states “’Making the number’ is harder than ever. Growth requires change. Quota attainment averaged across all geographies, industries and size companies has dropped from 63% of salespeople in 2012 to 53% in 2017”. That’s a 16% drop in revenues. Similar results are expected from their 2018 report.
Are your revenues growing every year? Or are you struggling to keep up like half the companies in the report?
If you are struggling to raise revenues at the rate you want, then there is good news!
Most companies’ struggles, in driving revenues, come from the way they sell and market.
CSO Insights has shown, through their research, that the majority of sales people and marketers still sell the features of products, instead of the value their products and services bring to their clients.
That may work for current clients once in a while. But it very rarely works for new clients, or for cross selling and up selling to current clients.
So what is value and how do you sell it?
I like to define value as the sum of all the benefits your products, services and company bring to the table.
What do I mean by this definition?
Your products and services deliver certain benefits to your clients that they pay you to deliver. Hopefully you keep delivering them. These are more tangible benefits. Most B2B sales people and marketers have some clues as to what these benefits are, even if they don’t explain them fully to their clients and prospects.
But there are also other benefits that your company should be delivering. And these benefits are delivered by your people. Some people may call these intangible benefits. And these are the benefits that really give your entire offering VALUE.
- Your sales people tell your clients what benefits other clients have received and how they used your products/services.
- Your sales and marketing people keep your clients up-to-date on what is happening in their industry and the marketplace in general, AND how certain events could affect them.
- Your sales and marketing people understand how businesses work, and can pass ideas on to your clients and prospects that will help them grow.
- Your client service people go above and beyond their normal routine to ensure your clients are completely happy with their service, and with your products and services as a whole.
Does your marketing and sales team deliver this kind of VALUE to your clients?
In order to fully understand how to deliver value, I am delivering a webinar on Value Selling Wednesday January 30th at noon EST, to show you exactly how to demonstrate and deliver value to your prospects and clients.
You will learn;
- What your clients and prospects think value is for them, and how your products and services can deliver this value.
- What the most important benefit is for your clients and prospects, and how to ensure you can deliver it to them. This is something almost all marketers and sales people omit.
- The 3 most important benefits all clients and prospects want to get.
- Plus much more.
You can register for this webinar by GOING HERE.
As soon as you register, you will receive a bonus; The most critical business issues facing companies today & How to Solve Them.
If you cannot make the webinar date, you should register anyway, as there will be a replay.
Don’t let your clients get away because you aren’t delivering the value you should be delivering.
Register for this webinar NOW! I look forward to “meeting” you on the webinar.
Ian Dainty’s Email
Author of the Book – Grow Your B2B Business With Strategic Account Management
P.S. – Be sure to “like” and share this article, using the social media buttons on the left, so your friends and colleagues can see and follow the videos and articles posted here.